Official Lindsey Stirling Fan Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» tutto il Lindsey che conta!
The Language Topic EmptyTue Aug 02, 2016 12:53 pm by marco.derossi.77

» Lindsey Stirling Mashups (Requests)
The Language Topic EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 12:41 am by TheMashupWyvern

» Shatter Me Vinyl in the UK?
The Language Topic EmptySat May 09, 2015 2:36 pm by Tom

» If LOTR and Rockband had a baby. New Kickstarter game
The Language Topic EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 12:29 pm by andrea.gosling

» We think Lindsey would LOVE our upcoming music-powered videogame! Details-
The Language Topic EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 8:54 pm by andrea.gosling

» Lindsey Stirling Signed Poster
The Language Topic EmptyTue Oct 14, 2014 2:42 pm by shadow

» Emergency!!!!
The Language Topic EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 8:03 pm by tyler.alvarado.98

» Lindsey for prom 2014
The Language Topic EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 8:00 pm by tyler.alvarado.98

» Hey salut bande de chatons !
The Language Topic EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 7:03 am by Yoann

Lindsey Stirling Violin
lindsey stirling

Map

The Language Topic

4 posters

Go down

The Language Topic Empty The Language Topic

Post by fabrizio.silveri.3 Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:26 am

I noticed in the forum that this subject is quite a interesting one, so let's open a new thread, or we'll miss the post very soon!
This is the link to the original post:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/OfficialStirlingites/540224985994515/
So, start saying what you think about your language, English language, and how much effort you need to made yourself understood by other Stirlingites!

fabrizio.silveri.3

Back to top Go down

The Language Topic Empty Re: The Language Topic

Post by Papemontana Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:46 am

First, I love the fact that there are so much different language from everywhere, and that we are together to support Lindsey ^^
Then, about the french, I know that it has the reputation to be dificult to learn (This is what i always heard by my English teachers when some people said that English was hard to learn Very Happy ), but I think it's a very beautiful language ^^
Moreover, I have some notions in spanish (but I never been very good on it, and it's more awkward, because my father is spanish), and I would like to learn a little Italian Very Happy
And finally, about English, I can understand most of the language, but I always have to think few time before posting something. But as I said on the first post, the group permits me to improve my English, and it's very positive ^^
Papemontana
Papemontana

Back to top Go down

Post by fabrizio.silveri.3 Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:43 am

Oh, that's for sure.
The group's helping me a lot with my English!
I've been learning it for almost all my life, I started when I was 4, but you always have to practice!
For the other languages, I understand a bit Spanish and French, in particular when written, because most words are pretty similar to Italian, and I've studied Spanish for a couple of years, even though I've never been that good...

And last week I've started learning German, which is.... terribly difficult, both to read and to speak!
I hope I can undestand it, one day!

fabrizio.silveri.3

Back to top Go down

Post by Bladewing Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:51 am

*good idea to continue this topic here*

What do I think about the german language? I think I wrote many facts on facebook but repeating won´t kill me.
1. It´s very hard to learn German, if it´s not your mother langauge.
2. You can build such confusing sentences just by placing commas.
3. I don´t really like it because it often doesn´t sound like what I want to explain.

I like English so much, if I could, I would change it to my mother language and stay talking english for the rest of my life. I´m also able to imagine, to move to America or Canada for a longer time. Related to my third point about German, I think english pronounciation accent sounds like what you say. It´s hard to explain, what I mean but for example, some poetic phrases sound well in english and if I translate them to german, they sound terrible. Once, during the last weeks, before I went to bed I wrote "Let music guide your dreams" or "Might music guide your dreams". If I translate it to german I don´t like this phrases. Of course they sound okay but... it´s not the way I´d comment in german.

Oh, the last question is a quiet good one. I guess, I spend about one hour almost every day on dict.leo.org while searching for words I´d use at any comment for the Lindsey Stirling fangroup. For me it´s important to choose the right words, the correct grammar form and all the other things because: if I would work and have to write letter to an other company in english, I have to use the correct spelling, words and forms. And as long as English is a native language for me, I´ll do some mistakes which any employer in Germany wouldn´t ignore. So I think it´s a good chance to improve my skill.
Bladewing
Bladewing

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre Kite Robert Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:25 pm

French really is a beautiful language that allows to express very clearly but it is also a very difficult language to learn Smile
Being Belgian and having studied French, Dutch, German and I can say that French is my favorite language although English is a beautiful language
Pierre Kite Robert
Pierre Kite Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum